Dream on the beach

I have this fantasy, a dream if you will,
that I deeply desire for some really strange reason.
As summer approaches, I think more about it.

I want to be dressed in a beautifully detailed black romper, long satin looking pants with a thin, spaghetti-strap top decorated in lace at the chest. I want to have a fancy pair of white heels adorning my feet with classic gold jewelry lining my wrists, neck, fingers, and ears. I want a deep red lip with a sexy dark eye, my hair swept to the side in soft, vintage curls.
I'm at an upscale restaurant located on the beach. It's a little after twilight in the middle of summer, the sun setting as jazz music plays from the restaurant. The crowd is posh, but relaxed, and the atmosphere is surprisingly warm and inviting. The restaurant is dimly lit and there's a live band playing with a singer that sounds a bit like Michael Bublé or Frank Sinatra center stage at the middle of the restaurant. I can hear the soft drum brushes creating the beat of the bossa nova ambiance in the background. The walls of the restaurant are lined with the fanciest alcohols, cased in the deep wooden panels making up the establishment. People are laughing at smiling as they dine, it's wonderful.

I'm sitting at a table, the base of a wine glass swirling around between my fingers as I sip from it, looking across at a man who has accompanied me. I don't really have a face for this man. All that I know is that he is handsome, maybe some scruff, dressed in a fancy black suit to match me. I can smell his cologne from across the table as he leans in, drinking the same deep wine in his glass.
We dine lightly and flirt without reservation, the edge of my heels just barely touching his leg.
The night is growing darker and just outside, there is the sand and the surf, large palm trees framing an open patio. We finish our dinner, wine glasses empty and he gets up, offering me a hand. I take it eagerly and he leads me out onto the beach. The sun is setting, bleeding deep reds and oranges across the horizon. The water looks almost purple. The two of us are walking along a fancy boardwalk that draws itself quite close to the water. You can still hear the jazz music playing faintly in the background, mixing in with the sounds of the crashing waves.
I decide to slip off my shoes and walk towards the water. He follows behind me as I lead the way. I pull up the legs of my pant suit romper and dip my toes in the warm water, kicking it up at him. We laugh. More flirting ensues. Maybe a romantic beach kiss, whatever.
But.. that's the gist of it. Strange, probably too detailed, but... that is my (romantic) dream on the beach.
I have no idea what it stems from. It's almost embarrassing for me to have written it up...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates


TUMBLR FEED



Meet The Blogger


hi, my name is tori ♡ my sidekick is a bunny named opal.

i like fluffy animals, video games, and candy. i'm a not-so-secret nerd with dreams of finding an adventure somewhere out there. i believe in the beauty of others and am slowly learning about the beauty within myself.

i guess i don't really know who i am yet, so if you don't either, it's okay. i'm hoping that we can take this journey here, together.